The following arts & humanities research events are taking place this week. Please contact email@example.com if you would like further information.
At Plymouth University:
- MIA (Moving Image Arts) Seminar: 4pm on 1st November 2016 in Jill Craigie Cinema, Roland Levinsky Building (RLB)
- Artist Talk Series: Abigail Reynolds (“Folding Time and Space”). 4pm on 1st November in RLB LT2. Open to the public
- History with Peninsula Arts lecture: Dr Tomas Irish (Swansea University) on “Ireland, the Great War, and University Students: Experience and Memory.” 7pm on 1st November in RLB LT2. Open to the public.
- Art+Sound Research Updates: 2pm on 2nd November in Nancy Astor Building (NAB) 006
- Seeing is Believing Art Bites talk by Dr Kayla Parker (MIA): Searching for Genius: Douglas Gordon exhibition. 1pm on 2nd November in Peninsula Arts Gallery, Roland Levinsky Building. Open to the public
- UoA 16 and the Arts Institute. 1pm on 2nd November in RLB 213.
- Research Development Workshop (Arts Institute) by Prof Martin Halliwell (Leicester): REF Strategy and Humanities. 1.30pm on 2 November in Babbage (BBG) 405
- English & Creative Writing Seminar: Professor Martin Halliwell (University of Leicester) on “The United States of Depression: Mental Health, Politics and 1990s American Culture”. 4pm on 2nd November in Babbage (BGB) 409. Open to the public.
- PEPTalk (Performance.Experience.Presence Research Group Seminar): Adam Benjamin (“Pulling back from being together: an ethnographic consideration of dance, digital technology and hikikomori in Japan and the UK”) and Abigail Jackson (“Collaboration through movement and touch”). 4.30pm on 2nd November in RLB 207. Open to the public
- ARC (Artistic Resarch Cluster) Seminar: Tabatha Andrews (“Memory, Touch and Play”) and Dr Gemma Anderson (“Drawing as Epistemology for Morphology”). 4.30pm on 2nd November in Scott 102.
- MIA (Moving Image Arts) film screening: The Mother’s Bones. The Gallery in the Cinema exhibition. This new film directed by Abigail Reynolds will be shown in the Plymouth Arts Centre cinema between regular cinema programme screenings and private events. Please contact the Box Office for further information 01752 206114. 1st-10th November 2016 at Plymouth Arts Centre. Open to the public
- FDUK16: The 5th International Fulldome Festival, partnered by i-DAT in collaboration with Gaianova and NSC Creative and hosted in the National Space Centre Leicester. 4th-5th November, Leicester National Space Centre