ASTI Technology Enhanced Learning Showcase in the Faculty of Business. Academic Support Technology and Innovation (ASTI) with the support of the Faculty of Business IT team (FoBIT) will be holding an event on the 29th October to demonstrate and discuss a range of learning technologies and how we can support you to incorporate them into your teaching. An outline of the event is shown below, coffee and cakes will be provided.
Event details: 29th October 2013 from 11-2 in Cookworthy 236 and 020.
- Cookworthy 236 will have scheduled presentations between 11-2 on the technologies and areas shown below (exact presentation times to follow).
- Cookworthy 020 will have the ASTI and FoBIT teams available for informal drop in discussions and demonstrations between 11-2.
Learning Technologists Emma Purnell and Mark Pannell will be giving overview presentations on the following:
- Perception – online assessment and reporting system
- Xerte – a tool to develop interactive course material
- Turnitin – text matching software and electronic marking and submission system
- PebblePad – Personal Learning System and eportfolio tool
For more details about the areas Emma and Mark will be discussing see here _______________________________________________________________________________________
Information Specialists Amanda Southam and Graham Titley will be demonstrating and discussing the following:
- Box of Broadcasts (BoB) – an off-air recording and media archive service.
- Talis Aspire – online reading lists
- Nexis Newspapers online – UK and international newspaper collection
- Core online collections supporting the Schools of Law, Management and Government – core journal collections
For more details about the areas Amanda and Graham will be discussing see here _______________________________________________________________________________________
Jacqui Hunter from the Digital Skills Development team will also be talking about the range of support and services the Digital Skills Development team provides. More details to follow.
N.B. ASTI will host similar events within other faculties (look out for invites). However, as we provide University wide services, staff from other faculties are welcome to attend.