DES scholarship course 2016 is now up and running and places are full.
For those enrolled, the details are as follows:
Day 1: 1000 – 1500 January the 18th, University of Plymouth Campus, Rolle,210
Introduction to scholarship in medical, dental and science education
• Educational research, evaluation and scholarship: what is the difference?
• Methodologies of research
• Theoretical positions and concerns
• Methods overview
• Getting the question right
• Literature searching
• Choosing the right tool(s) for the job
• Introduction to ethics and dilemmas.
Day 2: 1000 – 1500 February 18th
Surveys in medical, dental and science education
• What’s already available?
• Designing your own questionnaire
• Analysing survey results: some basics
Day 3: 1000 – 1500 18th April
Qualitative methods in medical, dental and science education
• Interviews, focus groups and ethnographies.
• Conducting interviews and focus groups; doing observation.
• Analysing qualitative data: some basics
Day 4: 1000 – 1500 1st June
Thinking outside the Box (to include)
• Multi-disciplinary working
• Mixed method research
• Creative methodologies: using photos; incorporating diary work (audio, visual, paper);
• Auto/Biographical approaches
• Creative analysis and re/presentation: utilising theatre, fiction, I-Poems etc. Textual analysis