The October 2018 issue includes:
- Beyond: The R&D conference for the creative industries – 13 November 2018 – Beyond is a research and development conference for the creative industries. Featuring leading thinkers and practitioners, it explores the dynamic relationship between research, academia and business innovation. The programme features speaker sessions, panel discussions and thought-provoking presentations. There will also be video presentations to showcase the new Creative Industries Cluster Programme and the National Centre for Immersive Storytelling.
- Research to tackle mental, neurological and substance abuse disorders in developing countries – The AHRC and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) are announcing £4.9 million of funding for seven new projects across three continents as part of the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) New social and cultural insights into mental, neurological and substance use disorders in developing countries call.
- Shortlist for Research in Film Awards announced – Memory, loss, protest, the lives of refugees and the role of the arts in healing and recovery are just some of the themes explored in the 25 remarkable films shortlisted for the AHRC fourth annual Research in Film Awards. The winners will be announced at a special ceremony in London on 8 November 2018 at the headquarters of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. The AHRC has 10 pairs of tickets to give away for the Research in Film Awards Ceremony on 8 November (ticket only no travel or accommodation). The tickets will be allocated on first-come-first-served basis. You can apply for a ticket by emailing email@example.com with your name, email address and phone number.
- Funding Opportunities:
- Nahrein Network Research Grant Awards – closes 15 November
- Centre for Cultural Value: Call for Proposals – closes 15 November
- Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Development in Jordan – closes 8 November
- Cross-disciplinary Mental Health Network Co-ordinator – closes 1 November