Facing the consequences… a social networking horror story – the movie!

Here is the final video as described in a previous post, which we hope will remind students how, in the real world, they have many different types of relationships with people and to be aware that this is also the case online. How you present your digital self is crucial, as is being careful about what information you are giving away about yourself. Have a look at Facebook’s own ‘Guides to Facebook Privacy Settings’ to make sure you’re happy with the information you’re sharing online.

We would like to thank all the staff from the Faculty of Health, the Teaching and Learning Directorate and Human Resources who volunteered to be in this production – you were great sports!

The movie was created in iMovie and Adobe After Effects. For those who are interested, the ‘cartoon’ effect was created using ‘cartoonr‘ – a fantastic free plug-in you can download from newbluefx.com

3 responses to “Facing the consequences… a social networking horror story – the movie!”

1. Hi,

This looks to me more mashup than interactive. For me interactive is getting students to think about what they are doing, asking questions and using that feedback to help them more. Or perhaps I’m missing something? I’ve been using the 2.0 player to better effect.

• Hi Shirley,

I think this comment is perhaps attached to the wrong video and you were responding to the version with interactivity created using ‘Viewbix’? I completely agree with your definition of ‘interactive’ but used the term in my post in the context of students being able to ‘interact’ with the video in order to get more from it. The enhanced video could, for example, link to a series of questions that prompted them to think about the content.

I’m curious to know more about the 2.0 Player. Please could you tell me more about it?

Thanks, Flea :o)